- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Straws Recipe Video
|Puff pastry sheet||1 Large|
|Egg||1 Small, beaten|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
|English mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1376 Calories from Fat 827
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142.2%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g133.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190.5 mg
Sodium 1936.5 mg80.7%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.6%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 35 g70.2%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 58.6% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the oven at 200 degree C or 400 degree F.
2. Take one sheet of pastry sheet and cut it into 3 pieces.
3. Then brush egg on each sheet.
4. On first sheet sprinkle poppy seeds. Once done cut them into 1-inch thick long strips. You could get around 11 strips.
5. On the second sheet sprinkle sesame seeds. Once done cut them into 1-inch thick long strips. You could get around 11 strips.
6. On the third sheet spread it with English mustard and sprinkle grated cheese. Cut into thick long strips.
7. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange all the pastry strips on it.
8. Bake in the hot oven for 10-12 minutes.
9. Serve it during tea time.