- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Soup With Beer Recipe
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), peeled, chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), peeled, chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheddar/Other processed cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Beer||1 Can (10 oz) (Not Iced)|
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.5 mg
Sodium 1395.3 mg58.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 25 g50.6%
Vitamin A 51.5% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 67.1% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot combine vegetables, broth and seasonings and butter. Stir to mix well.
2. Close pot tightly with its lid.
3. Allow the vegetables to cook on HIGH for about 3 hours, or cook on LOW for about 6 hours, if you are preparing the soup for supper.
4. Turn the vegetables and broth into to a liquidizer and blend or press through a fine mesh sieve into a smooth puree.
5. Return the puree to the pot.
6. Blend the flour and water in a cup to make a smooth paste.
7. Add the flour paste, cheese and beer to the pot and stir to blend well into the puree
8. Cover pot again and let cook on HIGH for 20 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted.
9. Ladle the hot thick soup into warmed soup bowls or cups.
10. Serve the soup hot accompanied with crusty bread.