- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Souffle Recipe
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sharp processed cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Eggs||6 Small, separated|
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.5 mg72.5%
Sodium 987.5 mg41.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.58%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 16 g31%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C
Calcium 36.1% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 300°.
2) In a saucepan, pour milk to heat but not scald.
3) In another saucepan, melt butter.
4) Add flour, milk and seasonings to stir in.
5) Cook the mixture by stirring until smooth and thickened.
6) Add cheese to blend in.
7) In a bowl, beat egg yolks and blend by adding a little cheese sauce.
8) Gradually stir in this mixture into the remaining cheese sauce.
9) In another bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff but not dry.
10) Slowly blend in the cheese sauce to mix completely.
11) Use a ungreased 2 qt casserole to pour the mixture.
12) Place inside oven to bake for about 1 1/4 hr. Do not disturb during baking.
13) Serve immediately by seasoning with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.