- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Classic French Cheese Soufflé Recipe Video
|Parmesan cheese||40 Gram|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon for coating the ramekins)|
|Egg yolks||2 Large|
|Gruyere cheese||60 Gram|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Egg whites||3 , cold|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1454 Calories from Fat 698
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.8%
Saturated Fat 46.5 g232.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 572.6 mg190.9%
Sodium 2282.7 mg95.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 118 g236.5%
Vitamin A 53.8% Vitamin C 0.87%
Calcium 133.6% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedRamekins with straight sides
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat the ramekins with butter and coat with the parmesan cheese. Refrigerate until they are ready to be used.
3. In a pan, add the butter over medium heat and wait for the butter to melt.
4. Once melted, add the flour and stir constantly. Wait for 3 minute until the flour is cooked.
5. Then, add 1/2 glass of warm milk while whisking continuously. Whisk until thick.
6. Turn off the heat and add the Gruyere cheese and whisk until the cheese melts completely.
7. Add in the egg yolks one at a time and combine with a spoon.
8. Season with salt, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
9. In a cold stainless steel bowl, whip the egg whites until hard peaks are formed.
10. Add the egg whites in 3 batches into the cheese mix and fold until all the mixture is incorporated.
11. Add the mix into the chilled prepared ramekins and fill 3/4 of the ramekins.
12. Add the ramekins into the oven and turn down the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
13. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.