- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Sauce Recipe
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Preferably Cheddar, And Not Mozzarella)|
|Arrowroot flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.1%
Saturated Fat 23.7 g118.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.1 mg
Sodium 1953.4 mg81.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 52 g103.9%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 151.8% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor or blender jar, combine all the ingredients and blend for 30 seconds at high speed to get a smooth consistency sauce.
2. Pour the sauce into a medium heavy bottomed saucepan.
3. Place the saucepan on a medium flame and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously, until the sauce has thickened.
4. Serve it over spaghetti, pasta, rice or vegetables.
5. You can bottle the sauce and store in the refrigerator until required.