- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Popovers Recipe
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), unsifted|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||8 , well beaten|
|Gruyere cheese||6 Ounce, cut into small pieces (valio, 1 package)|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.1 mg
Sodium 266.1 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. Grease 12 muffin cups or popover pans.
3. Into a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. .
4. Measure and add milk to the dry ingredients, beating at low speed with an electric beater or a wire whisk.
5. Gradually add the eggs beating to blend into the batter.
6. Stir in the cheese cubes.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups or popover pans, filling them two-thirds full.
8. Bake the popovers in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for another 10 to 12 minutes or until popovers are spongy and toothpick comes out clean and dry.
10. Remove from oven, turn out of pans and cool on wire rack.
11. Serve the popovers warm as a side or enjoy as a snack.