- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Pizza Recipe
|For pizza dough|
|Warm water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (105° To 115°F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour/3 1/2 cups bread flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|For pizza sauce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Tomatoes in thick puree||28 Ounce, chopped|
|Cornmeal||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (For Sprinkling)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (About 2 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3335 Calories from Fat 972
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.3%
Saturated Fat 42.4 g211.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206.6 mg
Sodium 7837.4 mg326.6%
Total Carbohydrates 449 g149.6%
Dietary Fiber 23.7 g94.8%
Sugars 30.1 g
Protein 126 g251.4%
Vitamin A 138.4% Vitamin C 106.9%
Calcium 187.1% Iron 148.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, working in enough of remaining 1/2 cup flour just to keep dough from sticking. Shape dough into ball; place in greased large bowl, turning dough to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F) until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, prepare pizza sauce: In 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes with puree and salt; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Makes about 3 cups.
4. Punch down dough. Turn onto lightly floured surface and cut in half. Cover and let rest 15 minutes. Or, if not using right away, place dough in large greased bowl, cover loosely with greased plastic wrap, and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°F Sprinkle two large cookie sheets with cornmeal. Shape each dough half into ball. On one prepared cookie sheet, with floured rolling pin, roll 1 ball of dough into 14" by 10" rectangle. Fold edges in to make 1-inch rim. Repeat with remaining dough ball.
6. Sprinkle dough with Parmesan. Spread pizza sauce over Parmesan and top with mozzarella. Let pizzas rest 20 minutes. Bake pizzas until crust is golden, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower oven racks halfway through baking.