- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Pastry Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Sharp Or Very Sharp)|
|Cold water||3 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1158 Calories from Fat 637
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111.1%
Saturated Fat 44.6 g222.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 374.6 mg
Sodium 768 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 28 g56.1%
Vitamin A 58.8% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 45.8% Iron 35%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a large mixing bowl or basin, sift the flour with a pinch of salt and cayenne..
2. Cut the butter or margarine into small cubes and cut into the flour, with two palette knives or rub into the flour with your fingertips, until the mixture gets a crumb like texture.
3. Stir in the cheese.
4. Add egg yolk and blend into the flour mixture with a fork.
5. Add a little cold water to bind into a dough.
6. Shape into a ball, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour or until required.
7. Use the dough as required and bake in a preheated oven until golden.
8. This pastry dough can be used to make savoury pie crust or shells, quiche shells or biscuits.