- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Omelette Recipe Video
|Fresh eggs||3 Large|
|Cheddar cheese||50 Gram|
|Butter||10 Gram, unsalted|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.6%
Saturated Fat 21 g104.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 708.4 mg
Sodium 2057.8 mg85.7%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 31 g62.8%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 44.2% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Break the eggs into a tea cup, remove any unwanted shell and transfer into a larger bowl.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Beat the eggs together using a fork or whisk.
4. Over quite a high heat, heat the omelette pan and add the butter and oil (the oil should stop the butter from burning).
5. When the butter begins to bubble well, pour in the beaten egg mixture.
6. Cook the egg mixture quickly, keeping the pan moving with one hand and stirring with a fork or spatula with the other, not allowing the mixture to settle.
7. Do not overcook the cheese omelette. It is done when it is still a little runny on top (‘baveuse’).
8. Add the grated cheese, spreading over your omelette.
9. Remove the cheese omelette from the heat.
10. Using the fork or spatula, fold the cheese omelette and carefully turn out onto a warm plate and serve immediately.