- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese 'N' Bacon Topped Potato Recipe
|Baking potato||5 Ounce, scrubbed|
|Reduced fat swiss cheese||3⁄4 Ounce, divided|
|Reduced fat shredded swiss cheese||3⁄4 Ounce, divided|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Reduced calorie mayonnaise||1 Teaspoon|
|Bacon bits||1 Teaspoon|
|Bacon bits||1 Teaspoon, divided (Made From Real Bacon)|
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.9 mg
Sodium 116.4 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a fork, pierce potato all over.
2. In a microwaveable plate, place potato and cook on High for 5 minutes; ½ rotate the plate in between cooking.
3. Let the potatoes stand for 1 minute.
4. Lengthwise cut the potato into half.
5. Leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells scoop out the pulp from the potato halves; keep the shells aside.
6. In a large mixing bowl, put together potato pulp, 1/2 ounce cheese, the yogurt, chives, mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon bacon bits, and the pepper; mix well.
7. Stuff the potatoes with the potato pulp mixture.
8. In a baking dish, place the stuffed potato and sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon bits.
9. Keep the baking sheet in the oven and cook on High for 1 minute until the cheese is just melted.
10. Serve immediately.