- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Matchsticks Recipe
|Stale white bread||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 875 Calories from Fat 516
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124 mg
Sodium 633.6 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.8%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 31 g62.9%
Vitamin A 401.3% Vitamin C 58.8%
Calcium 68.7% Iron 55.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C (350 F).
2. Cut off the bread crusts and slice them into sticks of 5 mm thickness, 8 cm (3in) length and ¼ inch width.
3. Dunk the bread sticks in melted butter.
4. In a bowl add some grated cheese with mustard and little cayenne pepper.
5. Add the breadsticks into the cheese mixture and toss them well until they get thoroughly coated.
6. Arrange the coated sticks on a baking tray and bake in oven until the bread sticks become brown and crispy.
7. Serve the bread sticks hot with some sauce.