- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parmesan Cheese Grits Recipe
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs), defatted|
|Quick cooking grits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen corn||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.1 mg
Sodium 465 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 2-quart saucepan and in it pour the chicken stock.
2. Bring the chicken stock into boil against medium high flame.
3. Whisk in the grits
4. Trim down the heat into medium-low, cover the pan with lid, and cook for 7 minutes or more until the stock becomes thick. Stir the stock occasionally, so that the stock may not get overcooked.
5. Stir in the corn, thyme, pepper, Parmesan cheese in the thickened stock.
6. Remove the herb treated stock from the flame and let stand for 5 minutes to warm the corn.
7. Serve the stock in bowl in warm condition.