- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Fondue Wi Th Dippers Recipe
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded edam cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2606 Calories from Fat 1598
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 184 g282.9%
Saturated Fat 116.7 g583.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 596.7 mg
Sodium 2990.1 mg124.6%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 173 g345.3%
Vitamin A 111.6% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 503.3% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, combine wine, lemon juice and garlic and allow the mixture to almost boil over medium heat.
2) Reduce heat to moderate-low and remove garlic cloves.
3) In bowl, toss together Swiss and Edam cheeses and cornstarch to lightly mix.
4) Now slowly add the mixture into the saucepan, a handful at a time, whisking constantly making sure the added cheese melts before adding more of it.
5) Cook till the mixture slightly thickens and starts to boil.
6) Remove and transfer the mixture to fondue pot set over heat.
7) Serve hot.