- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Fondue Party: Easy Entertaining Recipe Video
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Sauvignon Blanc)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Pound (4 Cups)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Dash|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.6 mg
Sodium 361.7 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.32%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.1% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a fondue pot, pour wine. Simmer until wine starts to bubble, about 4-5 minutes. Do not boil the wine.
2. In bowl, toss cheese with baking soda and ﬂour.
3. Add cheese mixture , 1/2 cup at a time, to hot wine. Stir in ﬁgure 8 motion until melted and blended.
4. Add garlic salt and stir. Heat 5 minutes to develop ﬂavors.
5. Serve with chunks of baguette bread, red bell peppers, sliced apples, blanched broccoli, blanched brussels sprouts, whole mushrooms or even roasted potatoes.