- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Fondue Recipe
|Bread slice||5 , cut into strips|
|Processed american cheese||1⁄4 Pound, shredded (1 Cup)|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.5 mg
Sodium 657.7 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 1 quart casserole.
3. In a skillet, melt butter or margarine over a medium flame
4. Add bread cubes and fry in the fat, tossing to brown evenly
5. In the greased casserole, layer bread cubes and cheese alternately.
6. In a bowl, beat egg and blend in milk and seasonings
7. Pour eggs into the casserole and stand for 5 minutes allowing the bread to soak up the eggs.
8. Place the casserole in a hot water bath.
9. Bake for 40 minutes until set and golden brown
10. Serve straight out of the oven from the casserole.