- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Fondue Recipe
|Aged gruyere cheese||2⁄3 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch cubes (Use Imported Variety)|
|Aged emmentaler cheese||1⁄3 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch cubes (Use Imported Variety)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and halved|
|Riesling wine/Neuchatel / chablis wine||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Day old french bread loaf||1 1⁄2 , cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes (Each Should Have Crust On 1 Side)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3586 Calories from Fat 1364
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g236.6%
Saturated Fat 88.3 g441.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 465.9 mg
Sodium 3235.4 mg134.8%
Total Carbohydrates 311 g103.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.2%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 187 g373.7%
Vitamin A 126.5% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 484.3% Iron 108.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, toss the cheese cubes with the flour, paprika, nutmeg, and pepper.
2) In a 2-quart fondue caquelon or a heavy round flameproof earthenware pot, apply the garlic halves well.
3) Pour in the wine and gently heat until the bottom of the pot is bubbly.
4) Stir in the dredged cheeses with a wooden spoon. Then increase the heat to medium, gradually add the entire cheese, flour, and spices.
5) Stir in the lemon juice, continue to stir for 15-20 minutes, until smooth and little bubby.
6) Lastly, stir in the kirsch and soda, if desired.
7) Set the caquelon over a slightly warmer heat, until the fondue gently bubbles.
8) Serve the cheese fondue immediately with the bread cubes and fondue forks.