- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Crackers Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted (Ceresota or Hecker's)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3822 Calories from Fat 2511
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 286 g439.6%
Saturated Fat 178.9 g894.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 974.9 mg
Sodium 1844.5 mg76.9%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 105 g209.8%
Vitamin A 175.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 222.1% Iron 83.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F
2. In a large bowl, add butter or margarine.
3. Beat the fat with a spatula or an electric mixture until it is light and creamy.
4. Add cheese and beat until well blended and creamy.
5. Gradually add flour, beating until the mixture binds to form a ball of dough.
6. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate to rest for 1 hour.
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough, lightly with a rolling pin, into a large circle of 1/4 inch thickness.
8. Use a 2-inch square cookie cutter (plain or fluted) to cut the dough into crackers.
9. Arrange the dough squares on baking sheets.
10. Blend egg and milk to make a wash and brush generously over dough squares to give crackers a nice golden color and sheen.
11. Bake the biscuits in the hot oven for about 10 to 12 minutes just until pale and dry.
12. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and loosen the biscuits with a spatula of pastry knife.
13. Slide them onto a wire rack and let them cool and harden.
14. Store the biscuits in a wax paper lined airtight container.
15. Serve the cheese crackers as an accompaniment to dips or soups or enjoy as an evening snack.