- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Cauliflower Recipe
|Cauliflower head||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hard cooked egg||1 , chopped (White And Yolk Separately)|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136 mg
Sodium 549.7 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.3%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 347.9%
Calcium 25.6% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim off the leaves and stalks of cauliflower and separate into small branches.
2) Rinse in cold water.
3) Take a casserole and cook this for 8 minutes with 3 tablespoons of water.
4) Into another casserole, mix olive oil and onion.
5) Uncover and cook this mixture stirring twice for 4 minutes until onions are translucent.
6) Season with salt and pepper and add bread crumbs.
7) Remove the excess water from cauliflower and arrange in a casserole.
8) Pour the hot onion mixture and grated cheese over the top.
9) Uncover and cook for another 2 minutes till the cheese melts and cauliflower is well cooked.
10) Serve this as a main course, for lunch or dinner, or as a side dish with roast beef or pork.