- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Broccoli Casserole Recipe
|Frozen broccoli spears/1/2 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears||10 Ounce|
|Quick cooking rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pimiento||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.7 mg
Sodium 369.3 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 23 g45.3%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 59.9%
Calcium 43.6% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F.
2) Cook the frozen broccoli as per the package instructions.
3) Drain well and keep aside.
4) Or immerse the fresh broccoli spears, in 1"of boiling salted water.
5) Cook for about 10-15 min or until tender
6) Drain well and keep aside.
7) Cook the rice with the dried onion as per the rice package instructions.
8) Mix the eggs, cooked rice, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, pimiento, 1/2 tsp salt, and dash pepper.
9) Lastly, stir in the milk.
10) Pour the mixture into a 10" pie plate or quiche dish.
11) Place the broccoli and sprinkle the cheddar cheese in the center.
12) Bake in the preheated oven at 350 Deg F for about 20 min or until well set.
13) Allow to stand for 10 min.
14) Serve in a nice dish.