- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Blintzes Recipe
|Skimmed milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whole-wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fat free egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nonfat sour cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.77 mg
Sodium 238.4 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 32.8 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 22.9%
Calcium 28% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender, process the milk, flour, egg, and baking powder until the mix becomes smooth, scraping down the sides of the container is needed in order to make the mix even and consistent.
2. Coat a small no-stick frying pan with no-stick spray.
3. Place the pan over medium-high flame and pour in it 3-tablespoons of batter. Swirl the batter around the pan to coat the bottom surface completely.
4. Cook the blintz for about 1 minute, or until the top gets dried and the bottom turns in lightly brown color.
5. Flip the blintz out onto a rack or tea towel by turning the pan upside down.
6. with this process repetition, make blintz with the residual batter,
7. Take a small bowl; mix the honey, orange rind, cinnamon, and 1-cup sour cream.
8. To fill lay each blitz on a counter and spoon one-tablespoon amount filling in the middle of the blintz.
9. Then the two sides are to be folded.
10. Finish by rolling the whole thing up into a little pouch.
11. Coat a large no-stick frying pan with no-stick spray.
12. Heat the pan against medium-high flame.
13. Add the oil and sauté the blintzes for a few minutes on each side of the rolls to turn the sides into light brown color.
14. Serve being topped with the blueberries, applesauce, and remaining 1/2 cup sour cream.