- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Blintzes Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|For cheese filling|
|Cream style cottage cheese||2 Pound (1 Container)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned cherry pie filling||21 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dairy sour cream||16 Ounce (1 Container)|
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 85.1 mg
Sodium 336.9 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.4%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the matter, in a large bowl, break the eggs and beat them with a wire whisk until yolks and whites are well blended.
2. Sift flour into the bowl and whisk with the eggs until smooth
3. Add milk and oil and blend into the batter.
4. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. To make the filling, in a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for cheese filling.
6. Beat with a wire whisk or electric mixer into a smooth creamy consistency.
7. Set aside or refrigerate.
8. Heat an 8-inch, preferably non-stick skillet or and electric crepe maker.
9. To test whether pan is hot enough, sprinkle on a few drops of water on it. The drops should bounce about.
10. Lightly grease the pan with a little butter or margarine.
11. Using a measuring cup, pour less than 1/4 cup of the batter, into the pan, and swirl the pan quickly to spread the batter evenly and cover bottom of pan.
12. Allow the blintze to cook for 1 to 2 minutes just until the bottom is very lightly browned and the top is set.
13. Loosen sides with a spatula and remove blintze onto a plate.
14. Repeat, making 24 blintzes. Grease the pan with butter and regulate the temperature of the pan for each blintze.
15. Layer each blintze with a piece of foil or waxed paper to keep separated.
16. Arrange the crepes on a work surface, browned side facing up.
17. Down center of each crepe, spoon 3 tablespoons of the cheese filling.
18. Fold the crepes by overlapping opposite sides over the filling and folding ends toward middle.
19. Just before serving time, heat a large skillet and melt remaining butter or margarine over medium heat
20. Arrange the stuffed blintzes, seam side down and brown, then turn carefully with a pancake turner or spatula and brown on top side.
21. Remove onto a serving platter and keep warm while you brown the remaining blintzes.
22. Serve blintzes warm, dusted with confectioner’s sugar.