- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Blintzes Recipe
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Milk/1/2 and 1/2 mixture of milk and cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese/Pot cheese||1 Pound|
|Egg yolks||2 , lightly beaten|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Topping)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1976 Calories from Fat 1042
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.5%
Saturated Fat 63.8 g319%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1074.8 mg
Sodium 2647.8 mg110.3%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.4%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 96.3 g
Protein 89 g178.1%
Vitamin A 78.2% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 101% Iron 37.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Combine the eggs, milk and melted butter, gradually stir into the flour, and beat well to smoothen.
3) In a heavy 6 inch skillet, apply butter to the bottom and sides and place over a medium-high heat.
4) Add 2 tablespoons of the batter into the skillet and evenly coat the bottom, then cook for about 1/2 minute until brown, remove over a kitchen towel and repeat with rest of the batter.
5) Combine the filling ingredients, add the milk, if required.
6) Add 1 1/2 tablespoons filling in center of each blintze, fold over the filling and roll up.
7) Cook in rest of the butter over a medium heat until brown.
8) Serve immediately with the sour cream.