- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Beer Biscuits Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beer||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 30
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.1 mg3.4%
Sodium 63.1 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 7 g13%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheddar and onion.
4. Add enough beer to wet the dry ingredients and stir quickly with a fork just until it binds to form a ball.
5. Turn out onto a flour dusted surface and knead gently 10 times then leave to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Use a flour dusted rolling pin to roll out or pat into ½-inch thick square.
7. Cut out into 16 equal size squares until a pastry knife.
8. Arrange the dough squares on a cookie sheet keeping 1 inch space between each
9. Use a pastry brush to give a light wash to the biscuits with beer.
10. Bake for 10 to 12 minute until golden.
11. Remove and loosen with a spatula then slide onto a wire rack to cool.
12. Serve biscuits warm with soup, dips or stews or enjoy with tea.