- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Batter Bake Recipe
|Plain flour||3 Ounce|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Onion||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Cheese||8 Ounce, cut into cubes|
|Sage leaves/1 teaspoon dried sage||4 , chopped|
Calories 580 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 17.9 g89.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.3 mg
Sodium 718.7 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.5%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 55.5% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 109.1% Iron 58.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a wooden spoon, combine together flour, salt and eggs to a smooth paste.
2) Make a thick batter, a little thicker than those for pancakes by pouring in enough milk.
3) Heat oil and sauté onion in it until golden.
4) Into a 2 1/2-pint greased pie dish, pour the sautéed onion together with oil and then the batter.
5) Add in cheese and sage and bake on top shelf of an oven.
6) Serve hot with rich gravy along with fried or baked tomatoes, green vegetables and potatoes.