- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Bacon and Tomato Pie Recipe
|9 inch double crust pie pastry||1|
|Bacon slices||6 Ounce|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled and sliced|
|Cheddar cheese slices/Processed cheese slices||1⁄2 Pound, cut into thin slices|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Egg/Milk||1 (For Glaze)|
Calories 938 Calories from Fat 578
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g100.9%
Saturated Fat 34.2 g171.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 247.3 mg
Sodium 1180 mg49.2%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 24.1 g
Protein 42 g84.4%
Vitamin A 57.2% Vitamin C 39.3%
Calcium 84.9% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) With half the pastry, line a pie plate which of 8 to 9-inches and prick the bottom.
3) Trim the bacon and cut the slices into 2 or 3 pieces. Put half of the bacon in the pie shell’s bottom.
4) Cover the bacon with half of the tomatoes and sprinkle with some salt and a lot of cayenne pepper. Cover with half of the cheese slices. Repeat the layers.
5) Moisten the pastry’s edges and cover with the remaining pastry. Press the edges neatly together and make a hole right in the center of the pie.
6) Garnish with pastry leaves that have been made with the trimming and glaze with milk or a beaten egg.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
8) Can be served hot (with tomato sauce) or cold ( with salad).