- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Apricot Turnovers Recipe
|Cream cheese||9 Ounce (3 Package)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Pound, cooked and pureed|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 400
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.1%
Saturated Fat 27.5 g137.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.4 mg
Sodium 468.2 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 38.4 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 56.7% Vitamin C 0.63%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F
2) Take a large mixing bowl and blend cream cheese and butter in it.
3) Gradually add sifted flour and salt to the above mixture and mix well to form a dough. Chill the dough.
4) On a floured board, roll out dough, very thinly and cut into 4 inch squares.
5) Take a small bowl and combine apricots and sugar. Mix well.
6) Now, place about 1 tablespoon of apricot mixture on each pastry square. Fold the pastry into triangles.
7) Seal the edges of the pastry with the tines of fork, and prick the tops.
8) Place the pastries on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
9) Serve warm with whipped cream, or as desired.