- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese And Vegetable Soup With Beer Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Salt||To Taste (Fresh Or Frozen)|
Calories 776 Calories from Fat 433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.6%
Saturated Fat 29.2 g146.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 139.3 mg
Sodium 1037.2 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 30 g60.7%
Vitamin A 101.6% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 57% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine the vegetables and 2 cup stock.
2. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Take pan off the heat.
3. In a large saucepan or stock pot, melt butter on a low flame.
4. Blend in flour until it makes a smooth paste (roux).
5. Gradually add remaining stock, stirring vigorously until well blended with the roux.
6. Blend in milk, beer and vegetables with cooking liquid.
7. Simmer soup, stirring constantly, until slightly thick.
8. Just before serving, add cheese, parsley and seasoning according to taste.
9. Reheat, stirring until cheese melts.
10. Ladle soup into warm soup bowls or cups and garnish with cheese crostini on top of each serving. .
11. Serve piping hot.