- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese and Spinach Noodle Bake Recipe
|Whole wheat noodles/Rich egg noodles||10 Ounce (Store Bought / Homemade)|
|Cottage cheese||1 Pound (Rennetless Cultured With Acidophilus / Regular)|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), leaves taken|
|Chives||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths (1 Small Bunch)|
|Fresh mint sprigs||8 , leaves taken|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For spinach sauce|
|Frozen spinach leaves/1 pound fresh spinach leaves, well-rinsed||10 Ounce, frozen defrosted (1 Package)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable bouillon cubes||2|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), boiling|
Calories 555 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.8 mg
Sodium 1317.1 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 30 g59.5%
Vitamin A 227.5% Vitamin C 63.8%
Calcium 29.2% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°.
2) In a large pot of salted boiling with 2 tablespoons oil,
boil the noodles for 4-7 minutes for fresh noodles or 8-14 minutes for dry noodles until cooked, drain.
3) In a buttered 9 x 13-inch baking dish, spread the noodles evenly over the bottom.
4) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the cottage cheese until just smooth.
5) Add the parsley, chives, mint, pepper and salt, process until the herbs are chopped medium-fine.
6) Spread the cheese evenly over the noodles, reserving some for garnish.
7) In a pot, place the fresh or frozen spinach and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes, until moisture has evaporated, remove and keep aside.
8) In a processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion until chopped medium-fine, keep aside.
9) Add spinach and process until finely minced.
10) Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water, keep aside.
11) In a 2-quart saucepan, saute the onions in the butter over a medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until soft.
12) Sprinkle in flour, stir continuously and cook for 3 minutes.
13) Gradually stir in the vegetable broth and cook for 3-5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
14) Stir in the spinach and nutmeg, add salt as desired
15) Spoon the spinach sauce evenly over the cheese layer,
add the reserved cheese mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
16) Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
17) Slice into squares or spoon out with a large serving spoon and serve immediately.