- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese and Chicken Pockets Recipe
|Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Cooked chicken||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Small, seeded and sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Mango chutney||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.3 mg
Sodium 374.4 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 22.2%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven to 400°, gas mark 6.
2) Make 8 squares of foil, all of them large enough to include half a pita.
3) Open the pocket of each pita bread with a knife by cutting into halves crosswise, but careful enough not to pierce the sides of the bread.
4) Split the filling ingredients into 8.
5) Keep each pita pocket open with one hand and using the other hand, add the filling into the pockets in the following order: green pepper, cheese, tomato and chicken.
6) Season each layer with a little salt and pepper, and then continue layering chicken with chutney.
7) Onto a square foil, place each filled pocket with the chicken layer on the top and cover firmly.
8) Place these wrapped pitas on 1 or 2 cookie sheets and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
9) Serve immediately.