- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese and Broccoli Salad with Basil Dressing Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mild cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, cut into 1x1/4-inch sticks|
|Broccoli flowerets||4 Ounce, blanched (2 cups)|
|Silvered toasted almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black olives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped, ripped in brine (12 large ones)|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||8|
|Arugula/Watercress||4 Ounce, trimmed of large stems (1 bunch)|
|Sweet red peppers/Pimiento - 1 jar (7 ounces) , drained and cut into strips, for garnish||2 , roasted , cut into strips|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1963 Calories from Fat 1412
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 168 g258%
Saturated Fat 49.7 g248.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 240 mg
Sodium 1992.6 mg83%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.3%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 78 g156.7%
Vitamin A 433.3% Vitamin C 781.8%
Calcium 201.5% Iron 39.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) For making the basil dressing, mix the oil, basil, vinegar, garlic and pepper in a large bowl.
2) Put the cheddar cheese, almonds, broccoli along with black olives to the dressing.
3) Toss all the ingredients well.
4) Take the serving plate and arrange romaine leaves along with watercress.
5) Add the cheese salad over the lettuce and garnish it with roasted red pepper strips.