- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese and Bacon Strata Recipe
|Day old bread slices||12 , crusts removed|
|Pasteurized processed american cheese||1 Pound (6 Slices)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thin onion slice||1|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Bacon slices||6 , halved crosswise, fried crisp, drained|
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.6%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 309.6 mg
Sodium 1979.5 mg82.5%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 25 g49.5%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 0.39%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a large, shallow casserole of 11 3/4X7 1/2X1 3/4-inches dimension with butter.
2) Place a slice of cheese over each slice of bread. Slice the remaining cheese into halves.
3) Arrange the bread slices on the baking dish to form the base.
4) Into the blender, add in milk, eggs, worcestershire sauce, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. Using the Stir blade, blend for about 4 seconds.
5) Pour the mixture to coat the bread slices evenly.
6) Place the rest of the bread slices on top. Drizzle the leftover milk mixture over the bread.
7) Place the baking dish in a large pan containing shallow, hot water.
8) Bake for about 1 hour.
9) Take the casserole out of the oven. Sprinkle with the leftover cheese and bacon.
10) Place the baking dish back in the oven till the cheese on top melts.
11) Before slicing the bake, let it rest for about 5 minutes.
12) Serve the Cheese and Bacon Strata hot, garnished with a few bacon slices or bits.