- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese and Bacon Souffle Recipe
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 222.4 mg74.1%
Sodium 570.3 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.23 g0.92%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 34.8% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a medium-sized saucepan, saute the bacon in butter until the bacon fat is clear.
3) Blend in the plain flour until smooth, then cook without browning for 3 minutes.
4) Stir in the mustard, salt, cayenne pepper and milk.
5) Stir until the sauce comes to a boil and acquires a thick consistency,
6) Then stir in the grated cheese until it has melted.
7) Allow the sauce to cool, then stir in the egg yolk.
8) In a clean dry bowl, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff.
9) Fold into the cheese and bacon mixture.
10) In a well-greased souffle dish, spoon the mixture.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes.
12) Serve the Cheese and Bacon Souffle immediately.