- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese And Apple Burgers Recipe
|Lean beef mince||500 Gram|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Whole grain mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar||50 Gram, grated|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Eating apples||2 , 1 grated, 1 cored and sliced|
|Soft butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Red leicester||50 Gram, sliced|
|Burger buns||6 (Crusty Type)|
Calories 449 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.9 mg
Sodium 538.4 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 28 g56.2%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine mince beef, onion, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cheddar, grated apple and ground black pepper.
2. Using your hands or a spoon, mix the ingredients well.
3. Divide the mixture into six equal portions
4. Shape into burgers, flattening of 1./2 inch thickness.
5. Arrange on a plate, cover with cling film.
6. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
7. Heat a frying pan or a barbecue and grease with oil.
8. Fry the burgers for 6 minutes per side until browned on both sides and cooked through about 6 minutes on each side.
9. At the same time, brush the apple slices with a little butter.
10. Grill for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
11. Sprinkle sugar and allow the apples to caramelize.
12. Remove onto a platter.
13. Slit thee burger buns in half.
14. Arrange a burger on each base.
15. Top with the red Leicester and grilled apple slices
16. Cover with bun top.
17. Serve warm.