- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Cheery Cherries Jubilee Recipe Video
|Frozen sweet cherries||1 Pound, thawed|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/4-1/2)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||250 Gram (as needed)|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.5 mg
Sodium 50.7 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 38.5 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 27.9%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 0.79%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and orange rind.
2. Pour orange juice and water. Stir well. Place the pan on medium flame and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Add thawed cherries, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
4. Pour brandy over the entire surface of the hot cherry sauce. Ignite with a butane lighter or long fireplace match. Stir until flames die down.
5. Serve immediately over scoops of vanilla ice cream.