- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
iCookTV Episode 1: "Cheering Up My Sister" Recipe Video
|For marinated tomatoes|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Pint, quatered|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped bacon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), chiffonade|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Broccoli head||1 Medium, cut in florets|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , squeezed|
|Ravioli||2 Cup (32 tbs) (cheese and spinach ravioli)|
|Garlic cloves||2 , sliced in half|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 758 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.2%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g86.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.5 mg30.2%
Sodium 3003.6 mg125.1%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 21.4 g
Protein 45 g89%
Vitamin A 50.6% Vitamin C 168.2%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters.
2. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Stir the tomatoes and set aside.
4. Peel the garlic and cut in half vertically and cut the broccoli in small florets.
5. Chop bacon in small cubes.
6. Roll the basil leaves, and cut in thin strips.
7. In a non-stick pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and cook the bacon on high flame until, golden in color.
8. When the bacon is crispy, transfer it into a bowl.
9. In a pot with water add salt and bring to a boil, put the broccoli in and allow to boil for 5 to 6 minutes.
10. Remove the broccoli using a slotted spoon and place it on the bacon.
11. Drizzle the broccoli with olive oil and lemon juice, and toss well to mix.
12. In a the same water, stream in the 1/2 tablespoon olive oil , salt and pasta and allow to boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
13. Drain the pasta and set aside, and toss with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
14. In a non-stick pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and saute garlic.
15. Add in the cream and salt, stir and bring to a boil.
16. Put the basil, ravioli, broccoli and bacon, mix well and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
17. Transfer the ravioli in a pasta bowl , top with cherry tomatoes and stir well to mix.