- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Family Favorite - Cheddar Crown Loaf Recipe Video
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs) (6 1/2- 7 1/2)|
|Active dry yeast||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.6 mg10.5%
Sodium 124.8 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a pot over low heat, add and combine together milk, water and butter. Continue stirring it and warm the mixture.
3. In an electric mixer, add flour, sugar, salt and active dry yeast. Beat this mixture at medium speed.
4. While beating the flour, stir in the cheddar cheese, mix well. Stir in the milk-butter mixture and mix for about 2 minutes or until well combined.
5. Once done, knead the dough by hand for a few minutes and grease the electric bowl with butter. After greasing place the kneaded dough, cover the bowl and let the dough rise for 40 minutes.
6. After 40 minutes, transfer the dough onto a floured board and make 32 balls.
7. Take a bundt pan and place 16 balls at the bottom. Brush butter on the top of these balls and then add another layer of 16 balls over these. Once done, brush these balls with butter.
8. Cover the bowl and set it aside for 45 minutes to let the balls rise.
9. After 45 minutes, bake it in the at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.
10. Serve this cheddar crown loaf with some hot soup.