- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheddar Onion Tart Recipe
|Bermuda onion||1 Medium, peeled, sliced paper thin, and separated into rings|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , lightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 693 Calories from Fat 363
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62.1%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 670.1 mg
Sodium 1882.6 mg78.4%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 35 g70.1%
Vitamin A 28.5% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 49.4% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) Prepare and roll the pastry into a 12 inch circle, and place in a 9 inch pie pan with a high fluted edge.
3) Evenly prick the pastry all over with a fork, then place a wax paper and add rice grains or dried beans.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until firm, then place on a wire rack to cool. Discard the paper and rice or beans.
5) Sprinkle the pie shell evenly with the onions.
6) Scald the milk, stir in and melt the cheese. Turn off the heat, stir a little hot mixture into the eggs, return to pan.
7) Stir in the salt and pepper, pour the mixture over the onions and sprinkle evenly with the paprika.
8) Bake in a preheated oven at 425° F for 15 minutes. Lower the heat to 350° F and bake for further 15 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
9) Slice into wedges and serve in a nice plate.