- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe
|Milk||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Chopped pepper/Cooked crumbled bacon||2 Tablespoon (Red And Green Variety For Garnish)|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.4%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g55.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg
Sodium 1651.5 mg68.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 40.8% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 2-quart glass measuring pitcher and add milk to it. Microwave it for about 3minutes at high and keep the pitcher covered during the cooking time.
2. Take a 4-quart microwave-oven-safe casserole and add butter, celery and onion into it and cook it uncovered for about 4 minutes at high until the mixture turns soft. Stir the mixture once during the cooking time.
3. Add flour, mustard, chicken stock base, paprika, garlic powder into the onion butter. Pour in 3 cups of hot milk in a very gradual manner and stir it continuously until the mixture is blended. Add Worcestershire sauce and stir the mixture well. Microwave the mixture for about 10 minutes at high until it gets thick and stir the mixture about 3 times during the cooking period.
4. Add the remaining milk and cheese to the sauce and stir it well. Microwave it to the serving temperature for bout 8 minutes at high or set it to 160°F at high if using the temperature probe. Stir the mixture twice during the cooking time.
5. Serve the soup after topping it with desired garnish.