- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheddar Bran Muffins Recipe
|Whole bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk/Sour milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2266 Calories from Fat 868
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.2%
Saturated Fat 35.9 g179.5%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 331.5 mg110.5%
Sodium 2702.5 mg112.6%
Total Carbohydrates 287 g95.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.6 g78.3%
Sugars 68.9 g
Protein 81 g162.6%
Vitamin A 28.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 146.3% Iron 86.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease muffin pan and preheat oven at 400°.
2. Soften bran in a pan with buttermilk.
3. Cream shortening and sugar till fluffy and beat in egg.
4. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and soda.
5. Add to creamed mixture alternately with bran mixture and stir in cheese.
6. Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8. Serve warm the muffins warm with coffee or beverages.