- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Once a Week Kitchen - Cheese & Onion Quiche Recipe Video
|Short crust pastry||4 Ounce, rolled to fit a 7 inch cake tin|
|Onion||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Mature cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cherry tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.2 mg
Sodium 172.1 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Place a baking tray to heat for about 15 minutes.
2. Grease a 7 inch baking tin with oil.
3. In a measuring cup, mix together, egg, milk, salt, pepper and mustard.
4. Place the onions in a bowl and microwave for a couple of minutes.
5. In a 7 inch cake tin, place the rolled quick pastry, add onions and cheese.
6. Lightly beat the egg mixture and pour in onto the baking dish. Decorate with cherry tomatoes.
7. Transfer to the heated baking tray. Bake at 400F for about 20 to 3 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
8. Serve with mashed potato and your favorite beverage.