- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheddar and Chive Soup Recipe Video
|Russet potatoes||2 Pound, peeled, chopped (3-5)|
|Onion||1 Small, chop|
|Bacon slices||4 Ounce, chop (4-5)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Old cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Bacon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cooked, crumbled (about 5 slices)|
|Fresh chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.3 mg
Sodium 1251.4 mg52.1%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 29 g57.6%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 50.3% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a slow cooker, drop chopped potatoes, garlic, onion, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
2. Pour chicken stock, and add chopped bacon. Give it a good stir.
3. Turn on the cooker, and cook on low for 5-8 hours or until done.
4. With blender, puree soup until smooth.
5. Garnish with sour cream, chives, bacon, and cheddar cheese.
6. Serve cheddar and chive soup hot.