- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Cooking: Southwest Salad Recipe Video
|For the salad|
|Lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Optional)|
|Corn||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Canned or Fresh)|
|Black beans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), canned, rinsed|
|Low fat shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Avocado||1⁄2 , chopped (Optional)|
|Tomato||1 , sliced|
|Chicken strips||50 Gram, grilled (Optional)|
|For the dressing|
|Ranch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Light Ranch)|
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.8 mg
Sodium 122.8 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 50.6% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 5% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a skillet, add the red onions, black beans and corn until the corn turns slightly golden.
2. Take a bowl with the chopped lettuce leaves, add the red onions, black beans and corn.
3. Add the low fat shredded cheese, sliced tomato and avocado.
4. You can also add some grilled chicken strips (if using) to the salad.
5. Serve with a salsa dressing.