- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Pumpkin Pecan Braid Recipe Video
|Canned pumpkin||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Not Pumpkin Pie Mix)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , seprated|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls/Pillsbury crescent recipe creationsrefrigerated seamless dough sheet 8 ounce||8 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.2 mg
Sodium 472.3 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 40.1 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 144.7% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease cookie sheet with cooking spray.
3. Place refrigerated crescent rolls on the cookie sheet and seal the perforations so that the filling does not leak out.
4. Press the entire dough into a larger rectangle. If using dough sheet, unroll dough into cookie sheet.
5. In a bowl, take pumpkin puree, egg yolk, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and egg yolk.
6. Add half a cup pecans to it. Mix it well.
7. Place it in the center of the dough.
8. Cut one-inch slits on the dough, near the filling on both sides.
9. Crisscross the slits across the filling just like you braid.
10. In a bowl, take egg white and beat it well.
11. Brush with this egg white on the braid.
12. Bake it in the oven at for350°F for 20 to 30 minutes.
13. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix confectionary sugar and milk to make the white icing.
14. Drizzle this white icing over the pecan bread once it is done.
15. Sprinkle pecans over the icing before the icing dries.
16. Serve Baked Pumpkin Pecan Braid as it is.