- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chat 'n Dish: Savory Lentil and Sausage Soup Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalk||3 , chopped|
|Carrot||4 , chopped|
|Smoked sausage||8 Ounce, cut into rounds about 1/2-inch thick|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced (3-4 or more to taste)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Italian parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lentils||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 741 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.4%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.6 mg17.5%
Sodium 1276.1 mg53.2%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.6%
Dietary Fiber 30.6 g122.3%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 38 g75.2%
Vitamin A 488.5% Vitamin C 67.1%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 54.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a large stock pot on flame and pour olive oil in warm pot.
2. Drop sausage and cook over medium heat until lightly brown on both sides. Remove sausage from pot and set it aside.
3. Turn the heat down to low and drop vegetables in it. Stir well. Let it sweat for 15-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, chop sausage slices into quarters.
5. After 20 minutes, throw garlic in pot and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add chicken stock, chopped tomatoes, and lentils. Stir well. Cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Add parsley, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Stir, cover with lid and simmer for another 20 minutes.
8. With blender, pulse 2-3 times, just enough to thicken the stock.
9. Put the sausages back into the pot. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
10. Into a soup bowl, ladle soup and serve it hot.