- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chat 'n Dish: Daube Provencal Recipe Video
|Beef||2 Pound, cubed|
|Pork||1 Pound, cubed|
|Veal||1 Pound, cubed|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Mushroom||8 Ounce, chopped (Canned)|
|Herbs de provence||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bouquet garni||50 Gram|
|Cognac||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1073 Calories from Fat 503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.5%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 305.5 mg
Sodium 750.5 mg31.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 98 g195.1%
Vitamin A 406.7% Vitamin C 58.9%
Calcium 12% Iron 39.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot on medium heat, pour some oil and brown the meat.
2. Once the meat is browned, add the onions and garlic, give it a good stir and let it cook for 15 minutes.
3. Add the drained and chopped mushrooms along with its juices into the pot with the meat.
4. Season with herbs de provence, add the chopped tomatoes, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Pour the red wine into the pot, cover the top and simmer for 60 minutes.
6. Now add the carrots, bouquet garni, pour cognac and add orange zest and simmer it on low for 150 minutes.
7. Serve this dish with polenta or over mashed potatoes.