- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chat 'n Dish: Croque Monsieur Recipe Video
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Greek yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||4 Drop (few drops)|
|Bread slices||6 (2 slices per person)|
|Swiss cheese slices/Gruyere cheese slices||30 Gram|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon (as needed)|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.9 mg
Sodium 677.6 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 20 g40.5%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine yogurt, garlic powder, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside for the flavors to infuse.
2. Take three bread slices and lay a cheese slice on each one of them. Lay ham and a cheese slice on top.
3. Cover the sandwiches with another bread slices. Lightly spread butter on both sides of sandwiches.
4. In a pan, toast them lightly on medium high heat.
5. Spread 2-3 tablespoon of yogurt mixture on one side of each sandwich. Generously sprinkle grated Swiss cheese on top.
6. Pop the pan in broiler and cook until cheese melts.
7. Serve croquet monsieur hot with a cup of tea.