- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Coq Au Vin Recipe Video
|Bacon||250 Gram, roughly chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chicken breast||500 Gram|
|Ground pepper||1 Tablespoon (Freshly ground)|
|Shallots||6 , halved|
|Baby portabella mushrooms||8 Ounce, quartered|
|Garlic||20 Gram, finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For thickening)|
Calories 866 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.4%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.5 mg12.8%
Sodium 7050.9 mg293.8%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 95 g190.3%
Vitamin A 43.7% Vitamin C 52.5%
Calcium 11% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 300F.
2. In a saute pan on medium high heat, saute the bacon in some oil.
3. In a mixing bowl, place the chicken breast, season with salt, ground pepper and finely chopped parsley.
4. Once the bacon has been browned, all you need to do is set aside to drain on paper towels.
5. In the same saute pan, add the seasoned chicken and cook it for 6 mins on both sides.
6. When the chicken is cooked just right, transfer it into a pie plate and pop it into the oven.
7. Meanwhile in a pan, pour some oil and add the shallots and the mushrooms to it on medium high heat for 5 mins until they brown.
8. Add garlic and give it a good stir, pour the chicken stock, dry red wine, add the bacon back in and stir in the left over chopped parsley.
9. Bring the contents of the pan to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
10.Meanwhile prepare the thickener by adding chicken stock to the flour in a mixing bowl and gently giving it as whisk.
11.Add the thickener to the bacon, mushroom and shallot sauce boiling in the pan.
11.Place the baked chicken breast on a serving platter, and pour the sauce all over it.