- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chat 'n Dish: Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe Video
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs), pop it in microwave for 3 minutes|
|Broccoli florets||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut into small florets|
|Potato||2 , peeled, chopped|
|Onion||1 , chop|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Shallot||1 , chop (Optional)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, grated|
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.3%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.9 mg17.3%
Sodium 731.2 mg30.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 89% Vitamin C 243.2%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a stock pot on flame and heat olive oil in it.
2. Drop onion and shallot in warm oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and let it sweat on low heat.
3. Throw potato and broccoli florets into the pot. Give it a good stir.
4. Add garlic and pour stock in it. Cover with lid and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Then, blend until smooth.
5. Drop cheese, stir and cook until cheese melts.
6. Serve broccoli cheddar soup hot.