- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Charred Tuna Steaks Recipe
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Superfine sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green salad||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1185 Calories from Fat 435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.8%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.4 mg
Sodium 2984.7 mg124.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 163 g325.6%
Vitamin A 322.5% Vitamin C 54.2%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 53.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix together the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, sugar and oil in a small bowl. Pour the marinade over the tuna steaks.
3. Gently turn over the tuna steaks, using your fingers or a fork, so that they are well coated with the marinade.
4. Cover and place the tuna steaks in the refrigerator and leave to chill for up to 2 hours.
5. Barbecue (grill) the marinated fish over hot coals for 10-15 minutes, turning once. Baste frequently the marinade.
6. Garnish with flat-leaf parsley and lemon wedges, and serve with a fresh green salad.