- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Charred Carrot Puree Recipe
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Safflower oil/Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||3 Pound, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 226 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.1 mg
Sodium 327.4 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 765.7% Vitamin C 24.3%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large heavy skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter in oil.
2) Melt the butter over high heat.
3) Add the carrots and toss to coat evenly.
4) Continue to cook, by frequent stirring, for 20 to 25 minutes or until they begin to char around the edges.
5) In a food processor, place the carrots. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, the lemon juice, salt, pepper and milk.
6) Process the ingredients to make a smooth puree.
7) Serve the puree hot and use as a dip for chips or fries.
The puree can be made up to 1 day ahead; reheat over hot water in a double boiler.